Sunday, July 5, 2015

Day 27 - Penultimate

Today I mark as the last day being without my better half.  For some reason, I expected it to be a day that was centered entirely around The Big Event that will happen tomorrow.  Yet somehow, it was very much a day like all the days in the past few weeks.  It's true, the kids made some drawings and prepared a welcome sign that they hung on the front door, but I wanted there to be more excitement, more preparations, more ado.  I suppose the reason why not is clear enough: the kids never felt deprived, never felt any acute loss, and therefore don't feel like tomorrow is a big deal.  And I, while I certainly felt the loss, I'm just too exhausted and burned out to get myself worked up with anticipation.  

And so the day passed by.  The kids went to school, went to feast at their grandparents' place, I got some work done, took a nap, and slowly prepared the kids and the house for the night.  Tomorrow, while not like any other day, is still a day that we must face.

No comments:

Post a Comment